The Gift of KnowledgeSaraswati Educational Foundation (SEF), under the aegis of Vidyadhiraj Charitable Trust (VCT), started its educational activities in 2006 by establishing Ram Krishnaa Academy School (affiliated to Maharashtra State Education Board) at Harigram/Kewale village in the interior on the New Panvel-Morbe Road.
The FoundationLate Shri V.R. Kamath, Prime Mover & Founder of VCT, donated Rs. 1 Cr towards the construction of the school. The school is named ‘Ram Krishnaa Academy’ to commemorate Late Shri V.R.Kamath’s beloved parents - Late Shri Kodibet Ramaray Kamath & Late Smt Krishnabai Kamath.
The School Building was inaugurated on 30th January 2010 by HH Swamiji of Gokarn Partagali Jeevottam Math in the gracious presence of Hon’ble Goa Chief Minister Shri Digambar Kamat.
Ram Krishnaa Academy is the only English Medium School in the neighborhood. We believe in Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan – India’s Flagship program of Universalization of Primary & Secondary Education.
Our VisionTo be among the top schools in its class in Raigad District by 2025-26
By providing quality education to our rural children
By continuously striving to bridge the Rural-Urban gap
To groom them to compete with urban peers.
Ram Krishnaa Academy - Recognitions/ Approvals1. Complying to Maharashtra state board
2. Basic Approvals
a. Parvangi Patr (Permission letter 1st to 4th)
b. Pratam Manyata (NOC for commencement of the school)
c. Darjawad (Permission letter 5th)
d. Darjawad (Permission letter 6th & 7th)
e. Darjawad (Permission letter 8th)
f. Darjawad (Permission letter 9th and 10th)
g. Antim Manyata Patr (Final recognition of the school)
3. Drawing examination center approval (Exams are conducted by J J School of Arts)
4. 17 no form (Private student registration center for SSC board)
5. Junior college permission (Applied/ in the process)
6. Hindi examination center (Applied/ in the process)
7. Playground development approval (To be taken up)
8. Registered as Khelo India - Fit India program of the Sports Authority of GOI
Ram Krishnaa Academy - Infrastructure1. School building with 18 classrooms, admin office etc
2. Computer lab
3. AV room
4. Science lab
5. Library (digital library under development)
6. Kids corner
8. Smart classrooms (all classes from 1st to 10th Std)
9. Playground (1.5 Acre)
10. STEM lab
11. CCTV (covers every classroom), intercom facility
13. Landscaped premises
14. Kala Vikas (under development)
Ram Krishnaa Academy - Academics- 100% pass result in 10th standard board exam in all 4 successive years
- Yearly medical check-ups to identify a learning disability
- Teacher’s training & evaluation by external agencies such as Parisar Asha
- Teacher’s Training/ Support from IES
- Teacher’s Training from the Education board
- Smart classrooms by Tata class edge and Digital learning aid
Ram Krishnaa Academy – Extracurricular
1. Sports - Trophies in Athletics, Chess, DSO Raigad Dist Competition, DSO Panvel taluka Chess Competition, DSO Panvel taluka Athletic Competition. IES Athletics Championship Trophy.
2. Cultural events - Kala Vikas Interschool Competition (IES), Lalit Kala Interschool(IES), Bhavans Interschool, School Activities & Events etc.
3. Science exhibitions - Taluka level science Exhibition, Talent hunt Exhibition RKA.
4. Quiz contests - Dell Interschool – Gray Matter Exam for Science, Maths & language.
5. Drawing competitions - 202 students participated in our RKA center in the academic year 2019-20.
Ram Krishnaa Academy - Regulatory environment
Key compliances are
1. UDISE (Unified District Information System of Education)
a. Shala Sidhi Portal for annual updation (School standard evaluation program leading to School improvement)*
b. Sanch Manyata Portal for annual updation (Group recognition of teachers)*
2. Index number (Required for school to present its students for SSC examination, Granted to us and renewed 3 times, needs 2 more renewals, after that we get perment one)
3. RTE (25% to be reserved for qualifying students)
4. Saral portal for student migrations
5. Sahiche Adhikar (Authorised signatory, Valid for 6 months, granted by Dy Director)
6. Teacher Eligibility Test (for every teacher from this year)
7. Liasoning with Panchayat Samiti issues, clarifications
8. Parent Teachers Association (PTA) & PTA-EC
9. Transport Committee
Ram Krishnaa Academy - Others
- 10% concession to girl students under Beti Bachao Beti Padao program
- 1 month fee concession for Villagers
- Endowment scholarships
- Support for needy students
- Admission and leaving certificates
- Expressions Magazine
- RKA School Website.
- STEM Lab inauguration.
- Arcil CSR- Funding for Digital Library, Maths Lab, Items for Kala Vikas & Preprimary – ₹15lakhs.
- School Administration Manual (Draft ready)