SRF has set up Shantikunj Sevashram (Centre for Dignified Living for Senior Citizens) to provide shelter and succor to the aged, enable them to settle in life, and lead a meaningful life with dignity and self-respect. Every effort has been made to uphold the cultural heritage and ethical values of our society and of the residents of the complex. We strive to create a congenial environment to facilitate a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle. The tranquil and serene surroundings are ideal for spiritual pursuits and to seek peace of mind and ultimate bliss.
- To create an atmosphere of dignified living for the Senior citizens
- To Provide shelter for senior citizens to live independently with reasonable emotional security
- To create an atmosphere where they can get the company of likeminded persons of similar age group
- Where they can live without worries about day-today chores such as cooking
- Live without having to feel guilty of interfering in the lives of adult children
Emotional & Physical Support
Given an opportunity, who does not want to live a happy life – a life with dignity and grace, a life satisfying physically, emotionally, and spiritually? As age advances, it is but natural that one leans more and more towards the attainment of mental peace, tranquility, physical well-being, and emotional contentment. There is also a growing urge to give something back to the society that has given so much for one’s well-being and social security.
It is with this in mind that Shantikunj Sevashram was set up in the backdrop of Sahyadri mountains to provide a place of tranquility, yet zest for life, a place where one can take full care of one’s body as well as soul and live with dignity and grace.
The endeavor of people associated with SRF is to serve humanity, live for others to attain true contentment, and help others to pursue the path of joy and bliss.
1. 1st building
- Ground floor rooms suffer heavily from rising seepage during rainy seasons.
- Painting of passages; are in extremely poor condition
- Chajjas work to be completed for the ground floor entry
- Canopy for entry road
2. 2nd Building
- Canopy for the entry road
- Few rooms on the top floor have to be repaired for excessive plaster deterioration
3. 3rd Building – 24 rooms (under construction)
4. Twin Cottages
- Major repairs done in the cottages 4 to 8.
- Rising seepage during rainy season
- Leakages from flat terraces
5. Anaapoorna hall
- Some parts of First floor needs repairs (Not a priority)
- Heavy leakage. Source could not be established
- Drainages have to be made for all road
- Significant improvement made already.
- Labour intensive
- Frequent breakdowns
- 3rd largest head of expenses